Author Topic: VIVID 2016 Cruise  (Read 2408 times)

TC

• View Profile
VIVID 2016 Cruise
« on: May 30, 2016, 03:37:19 PM »
Was talking to Lance the other day and we both thought it would be a good idea to have a Tuesday night cruise around the city to have a look at various VIVID displays. We've done it before and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

So tomorrow night (31st May 2016) meet at Corellis as normal but in time to get your caffeine hit then leave at 8.30.

I propose we start at the old brewery in what is now Central Park (for no other reason than the fact my daughter was part of the team that produced the animated light show there), then to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, then to somewhere under the harbour bridge so we can look at the Opera House and park up for a wander around the rocks.

We can get ice cream afterwards if someone has a favourite place they can lead us to.

All welcome, autos, geared and motorcycles.

:) :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:39:20 PM by TC »

TC

• View Profile
Re: VIVID 2016 Cruise
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 06:02:44 PM »
Hmmm, the weather gods are not being very co-operative.

We've had heavy rain this afternoon northside and it's settled into a steady drizzle that I understand is now covering most of Sydney. Can't imagine too many (if any) turning up to Corellis. Wouldn't make for a very pleasant cruise around the city in this anyway so I think we'll give it a miss.

Lets see how next Tues shapes up. 

Fraggles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:42:00 PM »
Would have loved this :( still in uk till July :)

Mike Holland

• Vespa GTS300 Beautiful Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 09:52:50 AM »
Why not stay there till September, and skip our winter altogether?

Fraggles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
Cause my girlfriend will kill me ! Winter lol that's a uk summer

TC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 06:29:15 PM »
Was all set to head off to Corellis tonight to see if we had enough starters for the Vivid ride - and it's started raining!

What to do??????

TC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 01:09:07 PM »
Okay, went along but only one other scoot there, a white PX owned by a guy called Rob. He said he'd only been to Corellis once before about 2 years ago. We had a chat but he couldn't stay long and just as he left Phil (2 Pies) turned up on his green Vespa GT200. I explained I'd like to do a Vivid tour but by the time he'd finished his coffee it was well after  9.15. Even so we headed off to Central Park to check out the display on the old brewery but only got to see a little bit of the show before it shut down at 10.00. Oh well. We both decided Central Park should be a Tuesday night destination for a walk around in the future though, especially Spice Alley which offers a huge selection of Asian cuisines for us to try out.