Author Topic: March ride  (Read 2413 times)

Mike Holland

• Vespa GTS300 Beautiful Blue
    • View Profile
March ride
« on: March 09, 2016, 08:34:30 AM »
...  didn't happen!

Colin and I were the only ones who showed up. So we had snacks and drank coffee and chatted a while, and then departed our separate ways.

We were disappointed top see Chalky and Tish scoot past without even a wave.

Has the SCSC finally died? I am the only one who has posted here in the past month.

Mike

Fraggles

• View Profile
Re: March ride
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:01:27 AM »
That's a shame :(( I was packing as I am in the uk for a few months so really could not make it :(((

Mike Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 02:45:40 PM »
Thanks for responding, Lee. was getting very lonely here on this forum!

We are having beautiful scootering weather  -  clear skies and temperature 28-30 every day. Hope you are having some decent weather there.

I would love to visit old Blighty again.

Mike

Fraggles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 07:11:43 PM »
That's ok :)

Yes it's been ok least it's dry in the north west of England although missing my scooter mike :(((  gutted only 2 turned up on Sunday for you tho :((( I loved our ride last month was good fun

TC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 05:05:51 AM »
I'm in the UK at the moment (Knutsford in Cheshire) so obviously can't attend but I have to agree the SCSC does seem to have run out of steam somewhat. Have to be honest though, the rides, though often fun, are typically way to short for my tastes and any suggestion of an earlier start time than the usual 1.30 is usually met with incredulity and 'you've got to be joking' derision.

I don't know the answer other than to simply accept it's mainly a Tues night coffee meetup club. Perhaps that isn't such a bad thing.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:14:46 AM by TC »

Mike Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 09:22:41 AM »
OK, so how about a 10:00 am meeting with lunch at our destination? I would be very happy with that.

I am thinking of having more rides with the Northern Beaches crowd, but they meet at Mona Vale at 9 am, which means I have to get up at about 6:30 on a Sunday!

Mike

chalkyscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 05:02:01 PM »
To be honest Mike Tish and I were having a very emotional day (wont go into details) and were kind of preoccupied and NOT thinking about the Sunday ride.

Mike Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »
At least you were riding in the same direction! I hope the emotional problems are now resolved and all is peaceful again. Hope to see you on te April ride.

Thanks for keeping the SCSC forum going. Sometimes I think you do it just for me.

Mike